Saturday, November 10, 2018

Discovery

Went to the camper early this morning. Took some stuff out that I didn't and will help clear things out for updating the interior, and electrical. Some of the pics below are before/after. Like removing lights and a few AC outlets.


another outlet by the bunks but will have to
remove later when I can get to the nuts holding it in place

One of these lights on each side was removed as
well as the sticky thing beside it. (there was a few
of those things scattered around the inside)


Looking to remove this light with something newer/updated.
Any lights I install will be LED




small piece of veneer covering the hole, likely an old AC outlet

papertowl holder was removed, along with the
block of wood behind it

Got this outlet out


old wires and inverter in the trash box

Might be hard to see in this photo below, but the hose has two hose clamps, but only one was actually doing anything


general view of damaged area

Water tank pulled out form under the seat it sits on
tank measured 12"x12"x20"

13 Aug 1982, probably the date it was made or installed

space water tank sat

trailer wiring in the water tank space

The next four pictures were just to get a look of the trailer lighting hooked up to the tail/running lights.





painted area is the closet space

Looking at the damaged space, I came to a realization that all the original resin in the camper was cured green but I kept looking at these yellow spots then realized that's were previous damage was repaired. Some of it doesn't look too good and it looks like when the shell broke, they kept some areas overlapped and just laid glass over it and probably used filler to smooth out the outside. Doing that, I think, left the outside pushed in and deformed. Not sure if I'll be able to fix the shape of the shell but it might be possible. I've seen pictures of people with worse damage come back to looking good again, although the ones I saw didn't have them undoing someone elses "repair" work in order to fix it.







some fiberglass work needed on the door edge
Not sure how this picture ended upside down
but I had to get new bolts to mount the handle as I
only had one holding it in the door.



A little bit of work and some discovery thrown in the mix. Gotta tear things down before building it back up. It's getting colder. While I had thought of getting a cover, it was nice seeing one was already on the camper. I may just pull that out, cover it and wait for warmer weather before doing too much else on it.

Lastly, I leave you with a video showing my discovery of the repaired damage from the inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sold 30 Aug 2020

time and money ended up in short supply so i decided to sell the trailer. the couple who got it seemed to have good plans for it. thanks fo...